As you work on your SEO strategy, you might come across the idea of buying backlinks.
There’s a lot of confusion about this topic. Some people say it’s a bad idea that can hurt your brand, while others think it’s a great tactic to focus on.
So, what does link-building do for your website’s authority and brand? Let’s find out!
Although some people might have concerns about buying backlinks, the truth is that it can help improve your website’s search engine rankings.
A recent survey found that 72% of SEO professionals think backlinks are important in Google’s ranking algorithm.
Google wants websites to build “natural” links and checks the quality of the links you get. This is to stop businesses from buying lots of low-quality links.
But almost everyone buys links sometimes; it’s important for getting your business noticed.
It’s essential to be careful when buying backlinks and understands how the process works.
In this article, we’ll talk about the good and bad parts of buying backlinks. We’ll also give you tips for finding high-quality links to improve your SEO.
If you’re a small business owner, blogger, or online marketer, this guide to buying backlinks is just what you need.
What Exactly is Buying Backlink?
When you buy backlinks, you’re essentially paying a website to link back to your site. It’s a give-and-take process: you give them money, and they provide you with a referral link. The goal of purchasing backlinks is to improve your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs) by leveraging the authority of other websites.
This is why many people buy backlinks – Google and other search engines consider backlinks a significant factor in their algorithms for ranking websites. However, it’s important to note that Google constantly updates its algorithms to penalize websites that use black-hat SEO practices, including buying low-quality or spammy backlinks.
As a result, it’s essential to approach the practice of buying backlinks with caution and only work with reputable sources. High-quality backlinks from authoritative websites can positively impact your search rankings, but low-quality links can harm your site’s reputation and ranking.
Why Buy Backlinks?
You might be wondering why you should consider buying backlinks for your website. The simple answer is that it can have a positive impact on your website’s search engine ranking, authority, and overall online presence. In this section, we’ll discuss the top reasons for buying backlinks and how they can benefit your website.
- Improve search engine rankings: Search engines, like Google, consider backlinks as a vote of confidence in your website. When you have high-quality backlinks from reputable websites, search engines are more likely to rank your site higher in the search results. This can lead to more visibility and organic traffic for your website.
- Boost domain authority: Domain authority is a metric that indicates the credibility and trustworthiness of your website. When you acquire backlinks from authoritative websites, your domain authority can increase, making your website more appealing to both search engines and users.
- Enhance online visibility: By obtaining backlinks from well-established websites in your niche, you can expose your website to a larger audience. As more people become aware of your website, you have a better chance of attracting new visitors and potential customers.
- Drive targeted traffic: When you receive backlinks from relevant websites, you’ll likely attract visitors who are interested in your products or services. This targeted traffic can lead to higher engagement, lower bounce rates, and potentially increased conversions.
- Speed up indexing: Backlinks help search engine crawlers find and index your website’s pages more quickly. Faster indexing means that your website’s content will be available in search engine results sooner, making it easier for users to find your site.
Why backlinks are important in 2023?
Backlinks remain vital in 2023, as they significantly impact your website’s SEO. A recent survey showed that 91% of SEO experts consider backlinks a critical ranking factor. They signal search engines that your content is valuable, leading to higher search rankings.
Backlinks also drive targeted traffic to your site, resulting in more conversions and sales. Moreover, they help establish your website as an industry authority, enhancing trust and credibility. Therefore, investing in backlinks, whether natural or purchased, is essential for your SEO strategy.
Google’s ViewPoint on Buying Backlinks
It is presumed that buying backlinks is a no for Google. But is it really like that? No, it’s not like that. Google is not against buying backlinks but against using the wrong means to do that.
According to Google Link Schemes, “Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site’s ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.”
Google encourages webmasters to focus on creating high-quality content that naturally earns backlinks from other authoritative websites.
A reputable backlinks provider, such as Outreach Monks, emphasizes the creation of high-quality backlinks through high quality content marketing, which is similar to acquiring natural links.
How to buy backlinks safely and ethically?
While buying backlinks can be an effective way to improve your website’s ranking, it’s essential to do so safely and ethically. Here are some tips to help you buy backlinks the right way:
- Research the website you’re buying from: Before purchasing a backlink, research the website you’re buying from. To ensure that you are buying backlinks from a reputable source, it’s essential to check their website’s rankings and backlink profile. If the seller has a high-quality backlink profile for their own website, they are more likely to provide the same for you.
- Avoid buying bulk or low-quality links: It’s tempting to buy a lot of backlinks at once, but this can harm your website’s ranking in the long run. Instead, focus on buying high-quality backlinks from authoritative websites relevant to your niche.
- Use anchor text carefully: Anchor text is the text that appears as a hyperlink to your website. When buying backlinks, use anchor text relevant to your content and avoid using the money keyword anchor text repeatedly. A diverse anchor text profile can ultimately improve the credibility of your website and enhance its search engine rankings.
- Monitor your backlink profile: It’s essential to monitor your backlink profile regularly to ensure that you’re not buying low-quality or spammy backlinks. Use a backlink checker tool to monitor the quality of your backlinks and remove any low-quality links. You can use ahrefs or semrush
- Avoid Fiverr Backlinks: It’s crucial to avoid buying bulk backlinks from Fiverr as they are often low-quality and spammy, which can harm your website’s SEO. Instead, focus on buying high-quality in-content backlinks from reputable sources to improve your search engine rankings and boost your online presence.
- Don’t target all your links to landing pages: It’s essential to avoid targeting all your backlinks to landing pages. Instead, aim to diversify your link building strategy by linking to different pages on your website. This can help to improve the overall authority and ranking of your website.
Following these tips, you can safely and ethically buy backlinks to improve your website’s ranking and boost your SEO efforts. Remember, it’s essential to approach backlink buying cautiously and only work with reputable sources to avoid penalties from search engines like Google.
What’s the Difference Between Paid backlinks and Natural Link Building?
There are two main types of link building. That may sound simple, but the processes can still be confusing. Let’s look at the differences below so that you can approach link building prepared.
Natural Link Building
Natural link building is the process of acquiring backlinks to your website through organic means. It involves creating high-quality content that people want to link to and promoting your content to the right audience. Natural links are earned, not bought or manipulated, and they are a critical factor in determining your website’s search engine ranking.
Google rewards websites with natural backlinks because they indicate that other websites consider your content to be valuable and authoritative. Natural link building can take time and effort, but it is a sustainable and effective way to improve your website’s SEO in the long run. Creating great content and promoting it to the right audience can attract natural backlinks that will help your website rank higher in search results.
Suppose a blogger is writing a post about the side effects of smoking and includes a hyperlink to a Healthline research article for reference. This is an example of a natural link.
Paid Link Building
Paid link building is acquiring backlinks by paying a third-party website to include your link in their content. While some argue that it is not a genuine way of acquiring links, it can effectively enhance your website’s visibility and authority.
Paid link building offers several benefits for your website. You can improve your website’s SEO performance by purchasing backlinks from relevant, reputable, and high-quality websites. This can lead to higher search engine rankings, more organic traffic, and, ultimately, more conversions.
Moreover, paid link building can help you reach new audiences and build relationships with other credible websites. It can also help you get your content in front of more people and generate more social media shares and mentions, increasing your online exposure.
Of course, it’s important to remember that paid link building should always be done ethically and focusing on high-quality content. Google’s algorithm is continually evolving, and it’s critical to ensure that your paid links are relevant and add value to your content.
When done correctly, paid link building can be a valuable tool to improve your website’s SEO and grow your online presence. In conclusion, paid link building can effectively acquire backlinks, improve your website’s authority, and increase your online visibility. As long as it is done ethically and in conjunction with high-quality content, paid link building can be an essential part of any successful SEO strategy.
Why Should You Consider Buying Backlinks in 2023?
As the online world becomes increasingly competitive, standing out from the crowd can be challenging. That’s where buying backlinks can be a game-changer for your website’s SEO strategy. Here are some reasons why you should consider buying backlinks in 2023:
- Time-saving: Creating high-quality backlinks can be time-consuming and requires significant effort and expertise. By purchasing backlinks from reputable vendors, you can save time and focus on other essential aspects of your business.
- Improved search engine rankings: Backlinks are one of the essential factors in determining your website’s search engine ranking. Acquiring high-quality backlinks can improve your website’s authority and boost your search engine rankings.
- Increased traffic and conversions: Higher search engine rankings can lead to increased website traffic, ultimately leading to more conversions and sales.
- Brand visibility: Backlinks from reputable websites can increase your brand’s visibility and credibility online. It can help establish your website as an authority in your niche, leading to more opportunities for collaboration and partnerships.
- Cost-effective: While some argue that buying backlinks is expensive, it can be a cost-effective investment in the long run. The benefits of improved search engine rankings and increased traffic can far outweigh the initial cost.
- Pool of Options: A wide range of choices are available; you can easily find an option that fits your budget, company size, and target audience. Buying backlinks is not about resorting to shady tactics or using fake blogs. Instead, it involves working with bloggers to create high-quality content that promotes your website engagingly and attractively.
Buying backlinks can be a valuable addition to your SEO strategy in 2023. It can save you time, improve your search engine rankings, increase traffic and conversions, and boost your brand visibility. Work with reputable link building services vendors like Outreach Monks and focus on creating high-quality content to ensure the best results.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Buying Backlinks
When you’re purchasing backlinks, be sure to observe these rules. They can help you avoid pitfalls and maximize your bought links.
- Purchase backlinks on authoritative and relevant sites
- Reach out directly to content creators
- Ensure all your content is high-quality and relevant
- Advertise with creators whose audiences overlap with yours
- Prioritize quantity over quality
- Post comments inquiring about backlinks
- Blindly trust a company’s quality
- Utilize backlinks as your solitary outreach program
Link Building Pricing: What Does It Cost?
Link building is a service that no digital campaign can survive without. But understanding good value for money for link building would require some effort. So what would you consider a fair deal regarding the pricing of link building services? Well, there isn’t a straightforward answer to this one. So you need to know about certain factors that significantly determine an optimal price point for link building.
So what’s a standard link building pricing scale?
Surprisingly, you can expect the price of link building to vary a lot, between $100 – $20,000 per month, based on the quality and volume you are looking for. The range would probably confuse you. But the best way to figure out the costs for link building in the long term is by determining a price point per link.
Understanding the DR and DA dependent pricing model
While cost per link is one model you can check, several vendors and agencies may use DR (domain rating) or DA (domain authority) as the key parameters for pricing the service. We can’t call this one a perfect system, because these scores are third-party metrics that do not accurately assess a website’s true quality. However, these scores are widely used as a benchmark system to measure the quality of a website, apart from other factors such as organic traffic.
The link-building prices under this system may fall in the $80 – $600+ range, depending on the quality of the links.
Case Studies on Backlinks Costs
Being a link building agency that makes money for delivering this service to the clients, I think it makes sense to showcase some case studies to see how fair and average pricing can be estimated for link building.
1. Ahrefs connected with nearly 700 sites to see what bloggers and site owners charge to place client links. Using those numbers, they calculated that the average cost of a backlink from a site is $361.44 . Read More
2. Siege Media, a leading content marketing company, suggests that the average long term price per link should be around $500. read more
The difference between In-House and Agency Pricing
A serious link building initiative with a dedicated in-house professional is a full time job. You can expect the process to take a lot of time because it involves much work, from developing prospect lists to approaching them with targeted outreach and nurturing every opportunity available.
In-house link building
Speaking about in-house costs, hiring an experienced SEO professional in major cities across USA or UK would cost you around $4,000 per month, which adds up to a good $50,000 per year. You will also need a manager to supervise the link building professionals throughout.
Further, you can add the cost of paid links every month and the cost of content creation for link building with guest posts. You will also need some essential software, such as Ahrefs for several link-building tasks and Pitchbox for outreach. So you can well imagine how much it would add up to!
On the flip side, there are also some great things about in-house link building. There’s the advantage of complete control over your own outreach team. Moreover, aligning your content initiative seamlessly with the outreach and link-building efforts is easy.
Time is surely a concern, but if you’re serious, you can manage it pretty well.
There are large companies with large content teams that are managing it really well. They’ve mastered the content and link-building combo to earn valuable traffic and created a team that works in perfect tandem.
Agency link building
For agency costs, everything boils down to who you hire for the job….
As we’ve already talked about the pricing models and range for link building, we’ll focus on deciding the agency to hire.
Top-tier content marketing or outbound marketing agencies that offer an end-to-end service may charge anywhere from $5,000 – $20,000 per campaign, particularly the ones based in major cities like New York. If you calculate the average cost per link cost, it will come in the $500 – $1500 range.
Conversely, you can connect with link building specialists like us that charge far less. What’s more, you can get major price differences with increase in link volume.
Some agencies wouldn’t give you much analysis or insight on your website. They work on a price per link model, while offering guest posts for a fixed price. If you want to check the leading players in this space, a quick Google search for “guest post service” will suffice.
How Much Does Backlinks Cost At OutreachMonks?
Since we have clarity on exactly what we charge and how we do it, we can start with our own pricing directly. But you need not worry; we will also tell you about the averages, so just keep reading on.
There are two pricing models for our clients, both white label clients and direct clients, with a tailored approach to match their needs and expectations perfectly.
Price-Per-Link Link Building Services
Check out our la carte services, typically apt for resellers. These include four link building tactics:
- Guest Posting: $59 to $419 per link
- Blogger Outreach: $59 to $419 per link
- Niche Edits (Link Insertion): $69 per link
- Country Specific Links: $159 per link
Now let’s explain these in detail!
Guest Posting & Blogger Outreach
Essentially, guest posting and blogger outreach are the same. We provide both because we understand how people search for them (in terms of search keywords).
Our per-link pricing for Blogger Outreach and Guest Posting ranges from $59 to $419 per link.
You can secure some pricing discounts by ordering 30+ or 50+ links in a single order.
Pricing as per DR, Orgnic Traffic & DA range
Niche Edits (Link Insertion)
Affiliate marketers and local businesses go after our niche edits service. For this service, our costing starts at $69 per link placement. This service focuses on securing relevant, quality link placement opportunities on websites we already have a relationship with.
How Much Does OutreachMonks’s Link Building Packages Cost?
We offer pre-designed fully-managed link building packages starts at $549 per month. We structure our monthly pricing based on your requirements to bring a successful outcome. Our monthly plans are just right for the clients looking for a fully-managed link building solution.
How Much is Outreach Monks’s Custom Link Building?
Our custom link-building campaigns start at $1500 per month. You can expect to spend around $5000 per month for a standard campaign.
The number of backlinks we secure for this budget depends on your goals and resources. Typically, our custom link building plans are billed hourly, but we also offer hybrid pricing in some instances.
For example, the client may need both research and planning and blogger outreach as the elements of your overall strategy. In that case, we can give a mix of pricing, with per-link pricing for the blogger outreach links and hourly billing model for the rest.
To know which would work for you, booking a consultation would be the best way to start. We would want to know your business better and help you weigh your options.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is buying backlinks?
Buying backlinks involves paying a website to provide you with a backlink from their website. It’s a give-and-take process where you give them money, and they give you a referral link.
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks, also known as “inbound links,” are links from one site to a page on another. They are seen as votes for a page, and multiple backlinks tend to boost the search engine ranking of a page.
Why Are Backlinks Important?
Backlinks are like votes that indicate that the content on your site is helpful, credible, and valuable. Your site ranking increases with more votes (backlinks) from other websites.
What Types of Backlinks are Valuable?
Not all backlinks are created equal, and high-quality ones are more valuable. So, it’s essential to focus on creating high-quality links if you want your web pages and site to secure higher rankings in the SERPs.
My backlinks are decreasing. What should I do?
Losing some links over time is expected. However, you must keep acquiring new backlinks to cover the ones lost. While doing so, prioritize quality over numbers.
I cannot see my backlinks in Google Search Console, Ahrefs, etc. Why?
You can only see a sample of your link profile on Google Search Console. Similarly, third-party tools like Ahrefs can only show you a percentage of your link profile.
What are Do-Follow and No Follow Backlinks?
By default, every backlink on a site is a ‘Do-follow’ link, which means it passes authority to the linked website. However, some sites set ‘no follow’ for their backlinks so that the website authority is not shared with others.
Are Fiverr backlinks good?
Fiverr isn’t a great opportunity for acquiring links, so it’s best to avoid buying them from this source.
How many backlinks per day are safe?
Link velocity matters only when you build artificial backlinks. As long as you acquire them through outreach and content promotion, the daily numbers hardly matter.
What is a Backlink Profile?
A backlink profile is your website’s portfolio built over time. It offers insight into the sites linked to your website, and you can use it to find new traffic and exposure opportunities and pinpoint spammy links from irrelevant sources. You can quickly purge such links with Google’s free disavow tool.
How Do I Acquire A Backlink To My Website?
While backlinks are acquired naturally over time as other sites link with your site, you can also build them with legitimate practices such as posting guest posts on relevant sites, creating infographics, reaching out to influencers, and reclaiming broken links.
What’s a Toxic Backlink?
If having high-quality backlinks can benefit your website, the wrong ones can be toxic enough to harm your rankings. These unnatural links come from low-quality or suspicious sites and may be manipulative and built using black-hat practices. It’s best to steer clear of toxic links because they can do more harm than good in the long term.
How to Remove Toxic Backlinks?
A backlink audit is an activity that helps you identify the toxic links that can potentially harm your rankings or get your site penalized. It enables you to remove these links and improve your SEO strategy.
What is the Penguin Algorithm?
Google keeps evolving its search algorithms that guide the ranking system for websites. The Penguin algorithm plays a crucial role in picking sites that use manipulative linking schemes and penalizing them. The algorithm came in 2012 and has come a long way since then, with many updates and improvements before becoming part of the Core Algorithm in 2017.
Building backlinks is a crucial aspect of SEO, and investing in high-quality backlinks can significantly boost any business. Before purchasing backlinks, creating an action plan that includes identifying the pages and keywords you want to target, prioritizing your list, and researching competitors is essential. Remember, not all backlinks are created equal, so ensuring that the backlinks you purchase directly benefit your website is crucial.
While Google may frown upon purchasing backlinks, there is a middle ground. Everyone wins if you’re not buying links intending to manipulate Google’s algorithm. Buying backlinks can be highly beneficial if you adhere to a thorough link selection process and criteria. With thoughtful link building, there is no need to distinguish between a paid or natural link.