Ecommerce Link Building Tactics for Unstoppable Growth in 2024
Shopping online is so easy these days. With just a few clicks, you can buy almost anything, right from your home. This is the power of ‘ecommerce’, and it’s really big now.
In fact, did you know that ecommerce sales are predicted to reach over $6.5 trillion by 2024?
That’s a ton of online shopping! But here’s the catch: with great opportunity comes great competition. To stay ahead, your online store needs to be easily findable, and that’s where link building comes in.
What’s link building, you ask? Imagine it like being in school. The more friends (or links) you have, the more popular (or visible) you are. And the cool part? Search engines like Google love popular sites and show them first.
So, ready to be the popular one online? Stick around! We’re about to share some top tips on how to use link building for your online store’s growth in 2024.
Let’s get started!
Link building is essential for any ecommerce website to increase traffic, referrals, trust and visibility in the SERPs.
Identifying quality backlinks requires assessing source authority, relevance and context.
White hat link building techniques such as content creation & promotion, outreach & collaboration should be employed alongside advanced tactics like digital PR & influencer marketing to achieve successful long term results.
Understanding the Importance of Ecommerce Link Building
The power of link building should never be underestimated, as it plays a pivotal role in driving traffic, referrals, trust, and visibility in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
E-commerce link building is essential for improving search engine visibility, driving targeted traffic, and establishing trust and authority for online businesses.
It plays a crucial role in enhancing the success and growth of e-commerce ventures.
The Market of E-Commerce Business
The e-commerce industry has grown rapidly in recent years, becoming a crucial part of the global economy. Here are some key facts about its rise:
- Growth and Future: The e-commerce market has grown fast. In 2020, global online sales hit $4.2 trillion. With more tech developments and internet access, this growth is set to continue.
- Change in Buying Habits: Online shopping is easy and fast, which has changed how people shop. Today, many people prefer buying everything, from food to clothes to electronics, online.
- Worldwide Reach: E-commerce businesses can sell to customers all around the world. This opens up new opportunities and boosts international trade.
- Mobile Shopping Trend: With more people using smartphones, shopping on mobile has become big. Businesses are now making their platforms mobile-friendly.
Why E-commerce Needs Link Building
Link acquisition is essential for e-commerce businesses due to the following reasons:
- Search Engine Visibility: Quality backlinks improve organic search rankings, attracting more targeted traffic.
- Referral Traffic: High-quality backlinks drive relevant traffic from other websites to the e-commerce platform, increasing the chances of conversions.
- Competitor Analysis: Link Acquisition provides insights into competitors’ strategies, helping e-commerce businesses identify trends and partnership opportunities.
- Long-Term Benefits: Building backlinks is a long-term investment that improves domain authority, keyword rankings, and overall online presence.
Top 10 Ecommerce Link Building Strategies To Follow
The digital landscape is ever-evolving, and so must your link acquisition tactics. Here are the top 10 strategies to consider in 2024:
1) Guest Posting
Hey extraordinaire content creator! Fancy getting your words out there on other websites and blogs? Enter: guest posting. It’s like being a rockstar on tour, spreading your brand vibes far and wide.
First things first, you gotta find your stage. That means digging into industry-specific blogs and websites that welcome guest posts. Look for sites linking high domain authority and an audience that vibes with your brand.
Next, you’re gonna see relevant sites that need to know your crowd. Dive into the content on these sites to get a feel for what their audience digs.
Ready to take the mic? Time to pitch your killer content ideas. Send the website owner or editor a friendly email with your content proposal. Show ’em how your content will get their audience grooving and prove you’re a star in your niche.
Once your pitch hits the right note, it’s time to create that encore-worthy content. Make sure it’s packed with valuable insights and follows the host website’s guidelines.
Don’t forget to slip in a smooth, natural backlink to your ecommerce website. Whether it’s a product page, blog post, or resource, it’s your ticket to boosting your visibility and driving traffic back to your site. And remember, keep your anchor text fresh and varied. No one likes a one-hit-wonder.
Also, don’t forget to sprinkle in some LSI keywords related to guest post service. They’re like the backing vocals, supporting your main keywords and helping search engines understand your content better.
So, ready to take your ecommerce link acquisition on tour with guest post posting? Let’s rock and roll!
2) Create an FAQ page
A blog section for your ecommerce website gives you a good start with link-building. But you can go the extra mile with an FAQ page. Essentially, these pages serve as resources to address the common issues of customers in your industry.
The approach to getting links for your FAQ page differs from the blog strategy as you need not perform outreach. Instead, find ways to have it rank for multiple long-tail keywords on popular topics.
Once you achieve the goal, people searching for these queries will see your page. Users who find relevant answers to common questions will probably share the page on social media or forum sites.
Here are natural links and some tips to help you create an effective FAQ page:
- Address Common Customer Questions: Start by addressing the most common questions that your customers may have. This could include questions about shipping, returns, or product features. Answering these questions can help customers feel more confident in their purchase decisions.
- Use Clear and Concise Language: When creating your FAQ page, use clear and concise language that is easy for customers to understand. Avoid using technical jargon or complicated language that could confuse customers.
- Organize Your FAQ Page: Organize your FAQ page by category or topic to make it easy for customers to find the information they need. Consider including a search bar to make it even easier for customers to find answers to their questions.
- Include Links to Relevant Products and Pages: When answering questions on your FAQ page, include links to relevant products or pages on your website. This not only improves the customer experience but also helps to boost internal linking on your website.
3) Webinar hosting
Webinar hosting is a smart strategy for building links in e-commerce. What’s a webinar? It’s simply an online seminar.
It’s a place where you share your knowledge with others. And it’s a great tool for growing your online store’s visibility.
But how does a webinar help with link acquisition? When you host a webinar, you become a source of useful information. People who find your webinar helpful will want to share it.
They might link to it from their websites, blog post, or social media. This creates backlinks to your e-commerce store, which can boost your ranking in search results.
Plus, webinars can make you an authority in your field. If people see you as an expert, they’re more likely to trust your store. And this trust can turn into more traffic and sales.
So, how can you use webinars for link acquisition? Here’s a simple plan:
- Choose a Topic: Pick something related to your products that people want to learn about. Do some research to find popular topics.
- Plan Your Webinar: Outline what you’ll talk about. Make sure it’s full of useful information.
- Promote Your Webinar: Share it on social media, your website, and in emails. The more people know about it, the more likely they are to link to it.
- Host Your Webinar: Give a great presentation and engage with your audience. Answer questions and offer valuable insights.
- Follow Up: After the webinar, send a thank you email to attendees. Include a link to the webinar recording. Encourage them to share it.
Remember, the key is to provide value. If people find your webinar helpful, they’ll be more likely to link to it. And these links can help your e-commerce store grow.
4) Bag Product Reviews from Influencers
Ecommerce brands often leverage sponsored product reviews to get links to their sites. You can prospect niche-leading bloggers and influencers and request them to review your product.
They will be happy to share it in return for an incentive, such as a product for free in exchange.
Small bloggers are usually keen to do it for a freebie, but you may have to pay a leading influencer with a massive following.
Associating with influencers, you may also use affiliate partnerships for ecommerce link-building.
Here are some effective strategies to Follow:
- Identify Relevant Influencers: Start by identifying influencers who are relevant to your niche and have a large following on social media. You can use tools like Buzzsumo or Hootsuite to find influencers who are already promoting similar products.
- Reach Out to Influencers: Once you have identified relevant influencers, reach out to them and offer to send them a sample of your product in exchange for an honest review. You can use email outreach tools like Hunter.io or Voila Norbert to find the right contact information.
- Provide Guidelines: Provide clear guidelines to the influencer on what you would like them to include in the review, such as specific features or benefits of the product. Also, provide them with the correct URL to your website so that they can link back to it.
- Monitor Reviews: Monitor the reviews to ensure that the influencers are linking back to your website as agreed. You can also use social listening tools like Hootsuite or Sprout Social to monitor mentions of your brand and ensure that they are linking back to your website.
5) YouTube Promotion
YouTube promotion can be a powerful way to build links for your e-commerce business. As a major social media platform, it draws millions of viewers daily.
Using YouTube can help you reach a wider audience and increase your online visibility.
So, how can you use YouTube as a link building strategy for your e-commerce business? Here are some simple steps:
1. Create Engaging Content: The first step is to create interesting videos. They could be product demos, how-to guides, customer testimonials, or behind-the-scenes looks at your business. The aim is to engage viewers and make them want to share your content, thus creating more links pointing back to your website.
2. Include Your Website Link: In each video’s description, include a link to your website. This gives viewers a direct way to your product pages or online store. But remember, don’t just drop a link. Make sure to give viewers a reason to click, like a special offer or more details about the product in the video.
3. Collaborate with Influencers: Influencers have a big following on YouTube. Collaborating with them can help get your business in front of their audience. Provide influencers with your products to review and ask them to link back to your site.
4. Engage with Your Audience: Don’t just post videos, interact with your viewers too. Respond to comments and questions. The more you engage, the more likely viewers are to share your content and link to your site.
5. Use YouTube SEO: YouTube, like Google, uses SEO. Use keywords in your video titles, descriptions, and tags to help people find your content.
By following these steps, you can use YouTube to successfully build links and boost your e-commerce business.
It’s about creating interesting videos, engaging with your audience, and making it easy for people to find and share your content.
6) Research and Infographics
One powerful e-commerce link acquisition strategy is the use of research and infographics. What does this involve? It’s about creating engaging, visual content based on solid research.
The goal is to build quality links that make people want to share and link to your content, which improves your site’s visibility and credibility.
Now, why use infographics? They are a fun and easy way to share complex data or information. They can turn a boring topic into an interesting story.
Plus, infographics are often shared on social media, which means more people get to see and possibly link to your content.
How to implement this strategy? Here are four simple steps:
- Research: Start by finding a topic related to your e-commerce business that people are interested in. Do thorough research and gather reliable data on this topic.
- Design: Use this data to create an infographic. It should be visually appealing and easy to understand. There are free tools online, like Canva, to help you design your infographic if you don’t have a graphic designer.
- Share: Post your infographic on your site, social media, and other platforms where your target audience is likely to see it. Include an option to easily share your infographic.
- Reach Out: Contact bloggers, influencers, or news sites that might be interested in your infographic. Ask them if they would like to share your infographic on their site or social media.
In short, using research and infographics for e-commerce link acquisition is about creating interesting, shareable content.
This can help boost your site’s visibility, bring in more visitors, and build trust with potential customers. It’s a strategy that takes some work but can give great results.
7) Leverage Digital PR
Digital PR is perhaps the most vital element of the ecommerce link-building mix because it can get you valuable links from high-authority sites. But you must have a compelling story to get attention from the press.
Think beyond and create a strategy that nurtures relationships with bloggers and journalists. Product releases, gimmicks, roundups, and charity work are the most widely-used digital PR ideas for ecommerce sellers.
You can use services like HARO to gain traction, as journalists from popular publications are here to seek input from business owners from various industries.
Here are some effective digital PR strategies for ecommerce link-building:
- Conducting original research and publishing it as a press release can attract media attention and earn backlinks from authoritative sources.
- Creating visually compelling infographics or videos that journalists and bloggers can embed on their websites can help to attract backlinks and referral traffic.
- Building relationships with influencers in your industry and offering them exclusive discounts or early access to products can lead to positive coverage and backlinks from their websites.
By leveraging digital PR, ecommerce businesses can earn high-quality backlinks that improve their search engine rankings, increase traffic, and ultimately drive sales.
8) Broken Link Building
Broken link building is an effective SEO strategy for ecommerce websites, which involves identifying broken links on relevant websites and offering your content as a suitable replacement for internal links.
Think of it like this: You’re helping others fix their broken stuff (links) and getting some love (backlinks) in return. Cool, right?
First, you gotta find the broken links. There are some nifty tools like Ahrefs, Moz, or SEMrush that can help you. Next, analyze these links to see what they were about.
Got similar content? Awesome! If not, time to whip up some amazing content to match the topic.
Then, give the website owner a shout. Let them know about the broken link and how your fabulous content can replace it. Remember, be nice, keep it short, and show them how it’s a win-win.
And voila! You’re on your way to getting some great backlinks, boosting your visibility, and hey, maybe even driving up those sales! Let’s get fixing!
9) Claim Unlinked Brand Mentions
Unlinked brand mentions can be a valuable resource for ecommerce businesses. You may find plenty of them online, as people sometimes forget to add the link while mentioning brands in a blog post.
If you can trace such pieces, connecting with the webmaster and asking them to add a link is a good idea. Most website owners do it happily, and you get a valuable organic backlink with minimal effort.
You can easily follow such unlinked mentions by setting up a Google alert. You may also adjust the alert settings for source, region, and language.
Here are some effective strategies for using this approach to improve your ecommerce link-building:
- Use tools like Google Alerts or Mention to monitor brand mentions online. This will help you to identify opportunities for unlinked mentions.
- Reach out to the website owner or author and request that a link to your website be added to the post. Be sure to provide them with the correct URL to your website.
- Offer to provide additional value to the post, such as expert insights or updated statistics, in exchange for the link.
10) Try Niche Edits
Another tried and tested ecommerce link-building tactic is niche edits, which involve seeking out relevant content and reaching out to the webmaster to request an inbound link to your website within the content.
Although niche edits may involve a payment, the speed and value of inbound links make them a worthwhile strategy. However, it is crucial to double-check the credibility of the blogs and publishers before requesting niche edits.
It is important to avoid collaborating with spammy sites that have excessive paid links, as associating with them could potentially harm your rankings and result in a dip.
Here are some effective strategies for utilizing niche edits to enhance your ecommerce link-building efforts:
- Identify Relevant Blog Posts: First, you need to identify relevant blog posts or articles already ranking well in search engines. You can use tools like Ahrefs or Moz to find content related to your target keywords.
- Reach Out to Website Owners or Authors: Once you have identified the relevant blog posts or articles, you need to reach out to the website owner or author and request that a link to your website be added to the post. You can use email outreach tools like Hunter.io or Voila Norbert to find the right contact information.
- Provide Additional Value: To increase the likelihood of your link being added, you can offer to provide additional value to the post. This could include updated statistics, expert insights, or unique content that enhances the original post.
Spotlight on E-commerce Link Building Services
The world of ecommerce is ever-evolving and fiercely competitive. To stand out and achieve a significant digital presence, businesses are investing heavily in SEO and Link Development.
But, how does one navigate this complex landscape? Here’s where ecommerce link building agencies step in.
What Ecommerce Link Building Agencies Do
Link building services for ecommerce offer services aimed at generating quality backlinks to your online store.
Their primary tasks include:
- Identifying link opportunities through thorough research
- Developing and executing effective outreach strategies
- Crafting engaging content that attracts high-quality backlinks
- Monitoring the results to ensure link-building objectives are met
How to Choose the Right Agency
Selecting the appropriate ecommerce link building service can be tricky. Here are some factors to consider:
- Track Record: Look for agencies with a proven record of success in link building for e-commerce websites. Client testimonials, case studies, and industry recognition can serve as indicators.
- Transparency: The agency should be open about its strategies and methodologies, keeping you informed about its process and progress.
- Reporting: Regular, comprehensive reports showcasing the results of their efforts can help track the success of the campaign.
- Pricing: An agency that offers a clear and reasonable pricing model without hidden costs is a good choice.
Benefits of Hiring a Link Building Service for Ecommerce
Hiring a link-building service offers several benefits:
- Expertise: These agencies have the skills, knowledge, and experience needed for effective link acquisition.
- Time-saving: The time you would have spent on build links can be invested in core business activities.
- Quality Backlinks: These services ensure high-quality, relevant backlinks, which significantly impact your SEO ranking.
- Continuous Updates: SEO trends change frequently, and these agencies stay updated, adjusting strategies as necessary.
Top 5 Ecommerce Link Building Services
Here are the Top 5 picks for your ecommerce Link Building needs
1) Outreach Monks
Renowned for its high-quality link-building strategies, Outreach Monks offers comprehensive services that drive organic traffic to your online store.
The agency’s personalized approach ensures an effective link-building campaign tailored to your specific needs.
Their commitment to delivering quality backlinks and excellent customer service has made them a preferred choice among ecommerce businesses.
Submitcore, a global player in the SEO industry, excels in delivering relevant, high-authority links. Their expertise in various link-building techniques, including content marketing and guest posting, sets them apart. They offer custom strategies, with a focus on driving increased traffic and enhancing SEO rankings.
3) HARO (Help A Reporter Out)
As a networking platform, HARO connects journalists with potential sources, thereby presenting an excellent link-building opportunity. By providing valuable insights to journalists, ecommerce businesses can earn high-quality backlinks from reputable publications. This enhances brand visibility and credibility.
4) From The Future
Known for its proactive approach to link-building, From The Future specializes in identifying and capitalizing on link-building opportunities.
Their robust research methodology and focus on results-oriented strategies make them a standout choice. They offer full transparency, providing regular updates and reports on their progress.
5) Neil Patel
Neil Patel’s services are synonymous with top-tier SEO strategies, including build links. The comprehensive toolkits available, such as the SEO analyzer and backlink checker, can aid ecommerce businesses in crafting effective build link strategies. Patel’s agency prioritizes using quality links over quantity, offering tailored solutions that drive organic traffic and boost SEO rankings.
Each of these services offers unique and effective link-building strategies, making them valuable partners for ecommerce businesses looking to enhance their online presence. Selecting the right one depends on your specific requirements, budget, and goals.
DIY Link Building vs. Hiring an Agency for E-commerce
Deciding between DIY link building and hiring an agency is a matter of resources, expertise, and goals.
DIY provides control and cost-effectiveness, but requires SEO knowledge, time, and patience for long-term results.
An agency, while more costly, offers SEO expertise and fast results due to experience and connections, although you’ll have less direct control.
If you have the time and desire to learn SEO, DIY is viable. If you need quick, effective results and expert help, consider an agency.
Below, you can take a look at the brief table for a quick comparison:
Case Study on E-Commerce Brands by Outreach Monks:
Outreach Monks, a leading link building agency, has been instrumental in driving the success of several e-commerce brands. This case study focuses on how their bespoke strategies and implementation have revolutionized the digital presence of these brands.
1) REPRESENT CLO: A Clothing E-commerce Brand
REPRESENT CLO, a men’s streetwear brand, teamed up with Outreach Monks to improve their online presence and address doubts about lik building. Previously, they heavily relied on social media and paid ads.
Outreach Monks implemented a personalized link-building campaign to boost search rankings and organic traffic. The results were impressive:
- Monthly organic traffic more than doubled, increasing from 66k to 132k.
- Ranking keywords jumped from 15k to 42k.
- Estimated monthly traffic value tripled, from $15k to $40k.
- Improved rankings for competitive keywords like “varsity jacket” and “graphic tees.”
- Increased Domain Rating (DR) and traffic value.
The campaign’s success surpassed expectations, prompting the client to request a higher link-building budget. This case study highlights the significant impact of Outreach Monks’ link-building strategies in enhancing REPRESENT CLO’s online visibility and driving substantial organic traffic.
2) A Thriving Ecommerce Partnership: Mind Vapes and Outreach Monks
Mind Vapes, a leading smoking accessories e-store, partnered with Outreach Monks to overcome ad restrictions and enhance its organic reach. Overcoming the hurdles of advertising limitations, Mind Vapes witnessed spectacular growth since its inception in 2021.
- Organic Traffic Growth: A meteoric rise in monthly organic traffic from 100 to 136k.
- Business Expansion: Enhanced sales led to the expansion of their team to 10.
- Improved Domain Rating: The website’s DR jumped from 0 to 34.
- Satisfied Clientele: The successful partnership resulted in client referrals.
Outreach Monks boosted Mind Vapes’ online presence by implementing a strategy focused on:
- Targeted Backlink Building: Acquiring backlinks from low to high DR blogs.
- Consistent Link-Building Efforts: Ensuring ongoing link-building activities for continued success.
Link Building for e-commerce is a crucial aspect of any successful online business strategy. With the rise of online shopping, it’s more important than ever for e-commerce businesses to have a strong online presence and reach their target audience effectively.
By implementing effective link-building tactics, businesses can improve their search engine rankings, increase their website traffic, and ultimately grow their business.
Frequently Asked Questions on E-commerce Link Building
What is E-commerce Link Building?
E-commerce link building is the process of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites to your online store. It's a vital strategy for improving your own site's visibility and ranking on search engines.
How can I measure the success of my ecommerce link-building strategy?
To measure the success of your ecommerce link-building strategy, monitor search engine rankings, track organic and referral traffic, and analyze backlink metrics using tools like Google Analytics and SEO software.
How does a blog post contribute to ecommerce link building?
It helps in link building for e-commerce by providing valuable content that attracts valuable backlinks from other websites. It establishes your ecommerce site as an authority, improves search engine rankings, and drives targeted traffic.
Is link quality or quantity more important in E-commerce link building?
Link quality is typically more important than quantity. Links from reputable, high-ranking websites can have a greater impact on your site's SEO than a larger number of links from low-quality sources.
How can I determine the quality of a link?
Several factors contribute to link quality, including the relevance of the linking website to your business, the authority and trustworthiness of the linking website, and the context and placement of the link on the page.