Benefits of Link Building: 2024’s Top Insights
As a marketer or a digital PR practitioner, you might have heard of the term link-building and you are perhaps wondering what it is and how it can help propel your business to success.
Well, link building is the process of using third-party website links to increase traffic to your website. These links are commonly referred to as backlinks in SEO. Backlinks are one of the key ranking signals used by search engines to tell if your website is an authority in your niche.
Think of backlinks from a top site, say abc.com to your own site domain.com as a “vote of confidence” from the site to yours.
Now, link building might seem complicated at first, especially if you are new to SEO. But, once you get the hang of it, you will find it is a straightforward process and you can start using the technique to grow to the first page of Google!
Let’s expound more on the benefits of link building for business or even your personal brand website:
Quick Link-Building Statistics You Ought To Know
Here is a sneak peek at some of the latest link-building stats:
- Backlink Prevalence: A uSERP study shows that 95% of online websites and pages lack backlinks to their main page, suggesting a competitive edge for those who invest in quality backlinks. uSERP
- Google’s Ranking Preference: The same study by uSERP indicates that Google tends to favor websites with links from higher authority domains.
- Impact on Search Rankings: According to uSERP’s State of Link Building report. 67.5% of SEOs believe backlinks significantly impact search engine rankings.
- Challenge in Digital Marketing: The SEO tribunal found that 65% of digital marketers identify link building as a significant challenge, highlighting its complexity.
- The Power of Long-Form Content: According to Moz, blog posts over 3000 words are likely to receive more backlinks and higher ratings, especially in listicle formats.
- LinkedIn as a Link Building Tool: 17.3% of link builders use LinkedIn for outreach and contact discovery. Authority Hacker
- Content Sharing Benefits: Content that’s widely shared can attract 2-5 times more organic traffic and backlinks.
- SEO Budget for Link Building: On average, 28% of an SEO budget is allocated to link building.
- ROI from Link Building: 78.1% of SEOs report satisfying ROI from their link-building efforts. Authority Hacker
- Annual Link Building Expenditure: Nearly half of marketers invest over $10,000 annually in link building.
- Relevance of Nofollow Links: 90% of link builders believe that nofollow links impact search rankings.
- Essential Link Building Tools: 42.6% of link builders use Domain Rating and Domain Authority metrics; Ahrefs is a primary tool for 55.5% of them.Backlinko
In August 2022, Google announced that it was making algorithmic changes with a bias towards helpful content written by people, for people, in search results.
Benefits Of Link Building
Now that you know a thing or two about some link-building stats, let’s explore some of the key benefits of link-building:
1. It Allows You To Establish Domain Authority
Therefore, domain authority is not something you should underestimate. The more backlinks you have from relevant websites, the higher your domain score.
You could consider guest posting or resource page outreach to websites with a higher authority to earn quality backlinks to your target pages.
Tip: Remember to go for quality over volume as Google penalizes manipulative link-building tactics. It is the best way to get the benefits of link building.
2. Improved Rankings
Google is constantly introducing new updates to the search algorithm. However, backlinks remain the most crucial factor in determining where you lay in the SERPs.
A clean backlink profile shows Google that your content is relevant to the web surfer. Google will likely rank you higher in the search engine.
Research done by Backlinko found that websites on the first page have more backlinks pointing to their pages, compared to those that ranked lower.
3. Increased Sales And Revenue
Launching a successful link-building campaign and emerging with nothing but exposure for your brand is just half the job. As you focus on getting quality links, you also want to convert those interested clients into paying customers. Once you capture the attention of quality leads, you won’t have a hard time converting them into loyal customers.
4. It Increases Passive Income
Passive income means earning without active involvement. SEO and link building play a key role in this. They boost your site’s visibility on search engines, leading to more organic and referral traffic. This traffic is key for earning through affiliate marketing, ads, and digital sales.
High-quality backlinks improve your site’s rank on search engine results pages (SERPs), drawing more visitors. These visitors, especially those from referral traffic, are likely interested in your content, products, or services, making them valuable for passive income.
Remember, building passive income through SEO and backlinks is a steady process. It requires the ongoing creation of engaging, SEO-optimized content to attract and maintain this beneficial traffic flow.
5. It Enhances The Visibility Of Your Brand
Link building enhances brand visibility by improving search engine rankings and driving more organic traffic to your website.
High-quality backlinks from authoritative sites increase your website’s credibility and visibility, making your brand more discoverable to potential customers.
This process not only boosts your search engine presence but also establishes your brand as a trusted and recognizable name in your industry.
Effective link-building is about quality, focusing on creating valuable content and forming connections with relevant and reputable sites for long-term brand growth and visibility.
6. You Can Become A Thought Leader
Think of the internet as a big city where lots of websites are trying to get the attention of the same smart shoppers. These shoppers want good stuff for their money.
If they don’t see you as a leader in what you do, they might not trust or buy from you. Being recommended by others is a big deal for showing you’re a leader in your area. And getting backlinks, which are like digital thumbs-ups from important websites, is one of the best ways to get these recommendations.
When a well-known website links to yours, it’s as if they’re telling everyone, “These guys are experts.” This nod of approval can make a big difference in how people see you. It’s about getting the right links from websites that are important in your area of work. This kind of backing can help you stand out as a thought leader, someone who leads the way, not just follows.
In short, getting backlinks from authority sites is like being friends with the top players in your field, and that helps you become one of them.
7. Increased Traffic To Your Site
Even though backlinks alone are not sufficient to bring all the traffic. When paired with high-quality content, ON-page, and technical SEO. Link building significantly enhances both organic and referral traffic to your website.
A study conducted by Backlinko, involving the analysis of 11.8 million Google search results. It revealed that pages with a higher number of backlinks tend to rank better on Google.
Specifically, the top result in Google has an average of 3.8 times more backlinks than those ranking from second to tenth.
This demonstrates the strong impact of link building on improving a website’s visibility and search engine rankings, thereby increasing organic traffic.
Moreover, high-quality backlinks from authoritative sites can also boost referral traffic. As these links direct users from other websites to your site, increasing potential customer engagement and conversions.
8. It Enables Constant Promotion
Acquiring the initial links for your campaign can be pretty tedious. However, once you have multiple links spread across numerous authority websites, they will continue doing the work for you long after the campaign. Even though a visitor to the authority site comes across the page months or a year after you made the guest post, they can still access your page via the link on the website. Unlike paid promotions, whereby you have to part with some cash every time someone clicks on your link, the fun never ends with link building.
9. It Helps You Build Meaningful Relationships
An excellent strategy to help you build backlinks is to reach out to other giants in your niche or industry. You could provide them with resourceful information in exchange for a backlink to your website on their page.
The more you interact with other complementary brands, the more likely you will form meaningful relationships that will take your business to greater heights. You could also find a good mentor or interact with a budding entrepreneur who could provide you with creative business ideas you wouldn’t have formulated.
10. Reduced Bounce Rates
As you consider external links from authority sites, it would also be wise to ensure your internal links are equally helpful. Internal links on your website spread equity around, help visitors navigate seamlessly, and establish the information hierarchy. Since visitors to your site will bounce off to another page if they can’t find what they are looking for, you could use internal links to reduce bounce rates.
11. Grow Your Credibility
Last but not the least, link building assures your audience they can trust what you say. Users on the Internet trust Google for search. Therefore, when they use specific keywords and find your page at number one, they will know that you have something valuable to offer.
After all, Google wouldn’t have placed your site at the top of the page if it thought otherwise. In addition, if a client finds a link to your site on an authority website like Forbes, they will have no qualms about visiting your page.
12. Improves Trust Score
Link building significantly improves your website’s trust score, a key factor in your site’s credibility and reputation in the eyes of both users and search engines. Here’s how link-building influences this crucial aspect of your digital presence:
- Boosts Credibility and Reputation: When reputable and high-ranking sites link to your website, it signals to users that your content is trustworthy. This transfer of trust from established sites to yours can significantly enhance your site’s credibility and reputation.
- Improved Search Engine Rankings: A high trust score contributes to better search engine rankings. Websites that are considered trustworthy and authoritative by search engines are more likely to rank higher, leading to increased visibility and organic traffic.
- Enhanced Content Value: Effective link-building involves creating valuable content that serves your audience’s needs and interests. This approach not only attracts quality backlinks but also ensures that your content is useful and informative, further establishing your website as a credible and reliable source in your niche.
By focusing on building high-quality, natural backlinks from authoritative sources and ensuring that your internal linking strategy enhances the user experience, you can effectively improve your website’s trust score. This is a key aspect of a successful SEO strategy, as a high trust score not only boosts your site’s search engine performance but also strengthens your brand’s overall online presence.
13. Improve Your Crawl Rate
Link building plays a pivotal role in improving the crawl rate of your website, which is crucial for effective SEO. Here’s how it works:
- Improves Crawl Efficiency: When you link to relevant and authoritative sources, it helps search engines understand the context and niche of your content. This clarity can make it easier for search engines to crawl and index your site efficiently, as they can better grasp what your page is about.
- Enhances User Experience: Providing outbound links to high-quality, relevant content improves user experience on your site. A better user experience can lead to improved SEO rankings, as search engines favor websites that offer value to users.
- Builds Trust with Search Engines: Linking out to credible and professional sites can boost the trustworthiness of your content in the eyes of both users and search engines. This trust can indirectly influence how often and how thoroughly search engines crawl your site.
- Optimizes Anchor Text: Using descriptive and relevant anchor text for outbound links can enhance user experience and provide contextual clues to search engines about the linked content. This practice can contribute to more effective crawling by search engines.
- Avoids Link Schemes: Steering clear of link schemes is crucial. Ensure that your outbound links are natural and genuinely provide value to your content. Search engines penalize manipulative link practices, which can negatively impact your site’s crawl rate and overall SEO.
Remember, the goal is to use outbound links strategically. They should add value to your content and guide users and search engines to more relevant information. Regularly auditing your site for outbound link issues is also a good practice to maintain a healthy and crawl-friendly website.
Work With a Link Building Agency!
Google wouldn’t be doing its job right if it didn’t steer its users to the quality content they would find helpful. This is why you ought to make valiant efforts to show Google your content is worth pushing to eager Internet users out there. The beauty is that Outreach Monks is here to help you tap into the benefits of white-label link building! We will help you craft a high-quality backlink profile for your brand’s organic growth and visibility. We only use white hat, manually outreached backlinks that rank businesses on the first page of Google!
The benefits of link-building extend far beyond mere search engine rankings. This strategy, pivotal in SEO, can significantly enhance your website’s visibility and credibility.
For instance, a recent study revealed that websites engaging in robust link-building practices observed a 43% increase in traffic, underscoring its effectiveness.
By integrating link building into your SEO efforts, you’re not just improving your site’s search engine presence; you’re also fostering valuable connections and reinforcing your brand’s authority in your industry.
Remember, each well-placed link is a step towards a stronger, more visible online presence, making link-building an indispensable tool in the digital marketing arsenal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does outbound link building impact site speed?
Not directly, but managing outbound links wisely ensures your site remains fast and user-friendly.
Should I focus only on outbound links for better SEO?
No, a balanced approach with both inbound and outbound links is key for optimal SEO performance.
How often should I review my outbound links?
Regularly reviewing outbound links, ideally every few months, helps maintain link quality and relevance.
Is there a limit to how many outbound links I should have?
No strict limit, but focus on quality and relevance over quantity to avoid overwhelming your content.
Should outbound links open in a new window?
Yes, it's best practice to have them open in new windows to keep users on your site longer.
Are nofollow attributes necessary on outbound links?
Using nofollow on certain outbound links, like sponsored content, is advisable to maintain your site's SEO integrity.